About the Library
Click here to browse the library catalogue.
Welcome to the Trafalgar library. My name is Lina Gordaneer (a.k.a Ms. G) and I am the librarian.
As we dive head first into the knowledge economy, it will be essential for students to know how to navigate the deep oceans of information available to them. I am here to make sure they begin this journey with the right tools.
|My mission as the Trafalgar School for Girls librarian is:
• To promote life-long, effective research skills in the students;
• To provide research support for the students and staff.
• To promote reading and literacy in the Traf community;
I am an avid reader of many genres of literature. I love to talk to the students about what they are reading and to hear their suggestions for possible titles in the library. Luckily, our collection supports both these mandates. We have a great non-fiction and reference section, as well as rich English and French fiction sections with many different genres of literature. From A.S Byatt to Meg Cabot, we have something for everyone!
Tel: (514) 935-2644, # 243
Traf's library is housed in the original school building and until 1975 was used as the gymnasium. It is now home to:
• over 10,000 books in English, French and Spanish,
• over 1000 non-print materials such as DVDs and videos,
• periodicals and 3 newspaper subscriptions.
• 18 computers in the library for student use - all on the Traf network.
Research resources include databases, encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, almanacs, DVDs and videos.The automated catalogue can be searched by title, author, subject and keyword.