Distinguished Alumna Award
In Trafalgar's 125th anniversary year it is fitting to honour playwright Caryl Churchill '55 with the 2012 Distinguished Alumna Award.
Established in 2007, the Distinguished Alumna Award recognizes annually the achievements of a particularly accomplished Trafalgar Old Girl, a woman whose career or activities have made a difference in the world and can serve to inspire our students today. Based on nominations received from Traf alumnae, the award criteria are these:
- She is a role model and inspiration to others;
- She embodies the courage to break new ground and to reach for her full potential;
- She is seen by others to have demonstrated excellence and/or has distinguished herself in her chosen field;
- She has made a difference in the lives of others/has contributed to her local or the global community;
- She has demonstrated leadership through her vision or acceptance of responsibility.
If you would like to nominate an alumna, please contact Sharon Cozens, Director of Advancement at (514) 935-2644, #237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Selection Committee is comprised of Melanie Sheridan-Wall ’78 (Chair), Joan Dickison Foster ’64, Gail Goodfellow Skutezky ’72 and Barbara Parker ’80. The deadline for nominations is March 1 of each calendar year.